Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How do you find out a websites ip address

• Please log in to reply

greatmightypoo

greatmightypoo

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
I wanted to know how you know what a websites ip address is. For example what numbers would I have to type in the search bar to get this sites homepage? I know the addresses are something like 222.222.02.02. Thanks

Advertisements

EMCguy

EMCguy

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

I wanted to know how you know what a websites ip address is. For example what numbers would I have to type in the search bar to get this sites homepage? I know the addresses are something like 222.222.02.02. Thanks

View Post

By this sites IP address I assume you mean Geekstogo.com. There is a very cool web utility called Visual router at http://visualroute.visualware.com/ You'll have to register with them first.

After registering, log in with your email address and then enter the name of the web site your interetested in ie Geekstogo.com in this case. They then do a route trace from either Virginia or New York to geekstogo. It gives you all sorts of neat information about the web, including their IP

When you run this you get IP addresses for every intermediary link.

If you are on dialup Zone alarm will tell you about all the IP that are trying to establish connections with your computer, and it is fun to do a visual route trace on them.

Partial report
Report for Geekstogo.com [69.65.20.162]

Analysis: 'Geekstogo.com' [geek12.gtghosting.com]  was found in 9 hops (TTL=56). 

| 0   |       | 82.165.231.24  | vps.visualware.com 

| 9   |       | 69.65.20.162   | Geekstogo.com                 | ?Oak Brook, IL            |

------

Enjoy

EMCguy

Edited by EMCguy, 21 September 2005 - 02:31 PM.

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Norton will also give you the ip addy of websites you've visited under "Connections" in the logs.

Johanna
(scratching head trying to figure out why you want to type numbers...it's hard enough to remember spelling!)

greatmightypoo

greatmightypoo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
Just what I was looking for!! :) Thanx alot. :tazz:

chessonly

chessonly

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
open cmd, type:
ping geekstogo.com