Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Connecting a TV to my Nvidia Card..

• Please log in to reply

cmurenegade

cmurenegade

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I bought an S- video cable to connect a tv to my pc. The picture is showing in black and white with a black box around it. I have checked the settings over and over, and I just cant figure it out. I ran through all the various TV formats (PAL NTSC...) I ran through my video card properties and everything seems to check out. The color correction and device selection tabs are all set correctly. When my computer boots up, the Windows logo is shown in color, but once I get to the login screen the resolution gets crappy and it goes black and white. Any thoughts?

Advertisements

cmurenegade

cmurenegade

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
anyone??? anything???

HELP!!!!

Adrian04

Adrian04

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
You might want to tell everyone what card you have and what player you are using. I have a fx5200 to a TV setup and I find most problems are with certain filters or codecs.

fungit

fungit

• PipPip
  • 81 posts
Hi,

Under nview settings choose your tv format but after that also click the advanced button at the bottom on the same tab and select either S-video or Composite depending on the type of connector going into your TV.

nixx

nixx

• PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
and also, if you still have your tv mauel, look up the resolution and in the nview tv wizard, ittl have a selection for that.

chirp

chirp

• PipPip
  • 93 posts
I heard a rummor that most tvs have a resolution of 640x480 is that true, if that is true that would be your problem