Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

OpenGL

• Please log in to reply

ExoMan05

ExoMan05

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Basically I got this small problem with compiling OpenGL source code. You see, when I first started learning OpenGL I was using v3.6 on Visual C++ .NET 2003. It was all good until I started getting into input, in which functions like glutSpecialUpFunc or glutIgnoreKeyRepeat did not work. Someone said I should upgrade to the latest version(3.7.6), so I did. However, now I can't compile any openGL code at all, it just gives me LNK2019 errors now. I change the glut.h and glut32.lib back to versions 3.6, and they work, but like I said, the functions I want do not compile. I change them to 3.7.6, and they still won't compile at all. I don't know what to do now. I'm totally lost.

Any help or advice on what to do would be appreciated.

Advertisements

Dragon

Dragon

All Around Computer Nut

• Retired Staff
  • 2,682 posts
it seems to me that eithera. your funtions aren't coded correctly

b. your callto commands aren't coded properly.
for both cases it could be something as simple as a small typo. other then that I have no clue.