Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unlocking Liveupdate in Symantec Client Security

• Please log in to reply

nyspy

nyspy

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
I'm running Symantec Client Security.

The version in "about" reads Symantec Antivirus 9.0.0.388.

Our network admin thinks no one needs to update virus definitions more than once a week. :tazz:

I disagree. However, the LiveUpdate button is locked, and I am forced to wait to synch my laptop with the office network. It can not be done remotely.

Since I may be on the road for a couple of weeks at a time, I couldany way to re-enable easily be left vulnerable to new viruses.

Is there any way to re-enable Liveupdate? Through an INI file maybe?

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
that setting seems to be locked due to an administrative policy..i would assume that they are running the symantec server stuff and using it to manage the clients in which case they would have to change the permissions on your account...also..inform them that when their jobs are taken away from them because that virus definition update came one day after the president's computer died that you told them so

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
syamntec releases virus updates weekly, though they can be updated more often if the admin so desires. unless we see a virus outbreak at work or see a viri alert from symantec then we stick to the default weekly update. when there is they will release a new update.

if you have admin rights on your system you can download the the via intelligent updated at http://securityrespo...r/download.html