Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

msn hacked into

• Please log in to reply

Charmie

Charmie

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I got sent a link a few weeks ago telling me i could find out who had blocked me on msm and i dowloaded and now every time i speak to sombody on msm it pops out with the link every 5 min's or so. I uninstalled msm and then reinstalled but still the same thing it there any way i can get rid of this

thank you for anybody that can help

Advertisements

cleverboy12

cleverboy12

• PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
This is very often this happens and You really shouldnt trust this.

What exactly does the message say and does it pop out of nowhere and what MSN are you using ?

PS. They Have not hacked into your msn this is called messenger spam of some sort :tazz:

ukbiker

ukbiker

Rest in Peace, ukbiker

• Retired Staff
  • 2,014 posts
Hi there Charmie and welcome to G2G:

What you have actually got is a nasty little thing called "Block Checker", thats what you downloaded. This is malware and not easy to remove as you have found out.

Go to This Link and follow the directions exactly..

Once you have finished, paste a copy of your HiJackThis log in the Malware Forum where you will get the help you need to uninstall it.