Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Resources

• Please log in to reply

larrykj

larrykj

• Pip
  • 1 posts
To get my resources back up to 80+%. What can I take out of my Ctrl/Alt delete menu? And what do I check or un-check in my msconfig menu?

Advertisements

Guest_1069_*

Guest_1069_*
Hi and welcome to G2G.

To get your resources up you will need to trim down your startup applications. (CTRL_ALT_DEL as you have put it)

Trim down your startup - Go to Start > Run type in msconfig and then click on Start up. The only things you need running are :

Scanreg; Systemtray; AV; and Firewall.

You may also want other applications running from choice.

The applications listed need to run i.e. they have a check mark next to them in the start up menu. If you have some you know that you definitely don't wany or need uncheck them.

Reference can be made here if you are not sure: http://www.sysinfo.org/startuplist.php

Edited by 1069, 23 September 2005 - 12:19 PM.