Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NEW HARD DRIVE

• Please log in to reply

tennisboy

tennisboy

• PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
I just bought the maxtor 250 gig hard drive, on my computer, i am adding this 250 gig memory to my 55 gig western digital which was already on there. I se the 55 gig hard drive to master by moving that jumper thingy... i started up my computer so how do i make the 250 gig hard drive be a slave to my 55 gig hard drive?

thnxs guys

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Hi
You need to configure the drive to be a slave, using the jumper block on the rear of the drive. With most maxtor drives, you can configure them to the slave position by removing the jumper altogether (or placing it over just one pin instead of two).

Next you need to make sure that the master drive is on the very end of the IDE cable & the slave drive is connected to the middle of the cable.

tennisboy

tennisboy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
thnxs! it works!

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
cool :tazz: