Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Nickelodeon Toolbar

• Please log in to reply

LadyViper

LadyViper

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My cousin called the other day and stated his son downloaded games from Nickelodeon, he in turn ended up with a brand new Nickelodeon toolbar. I told him to unistall the games that his son downloaded, to no avail. I was trying to troubleshoot over the phone, since we are separated by some distance. I was hoping I could get him some help here before I have to make the trek to his house. I had him go through his Add/Remove Programs list, and he stated he could not find anything fitting the description. I had him download Spybot S&D, Windows AntiSpyware, and Ad-Aware. He ran each of those, finding a number of other issues, but the toolbar remained. If someone has the toolbar and could tell me what he should be looking for in the Add/Remove programs list, I would be thrilled. I have thought about downloading it myself so I can tell him what to look for, but I really am saving that as a last resort.

Advertisements

crazyguitarchik

crazyguitarchik

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
try this...

go to start menu>run>msconfig

under services tab try and look for the toolbar, it may have the name in it or a abreviated version of it. If it is there, untick and restart computer. This will however only disable it and not remove it.

usually when you install things, they have a folder in the program files directory. If the toolbar is in there under the same name, delete it. Or try downloading CCleaner:

http://www.ccleaner.com/

and see if you can find it on its list.
:tazz: