Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

voodoo game

• Please log in to reply

Supercalifragilistic

Supercalifragilistic

• PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
how does this work

http://www.superarca...voodoocurse.htm

Advertisements

cleverboy12

cleverboy12

• PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
Im not exactly sure it keeps getting it wrong ! LOL :tazz:

Rawe

Rawe

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts
I guess it keeps getting it wrong, not entirely sure though since I didn't get how to do that step 2 :tazz:

manchal

manchal

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
It works on the principle of the 9 times table;

If you add the digits of any two digit number and subtract that from the original number, you get a multiple of 9 [e.g. 25 - (2+5) = 18]. If you look at the page of celebrity faces, each multiple of 9 (i.e. 9, 18, 27 etc) is the same person - thus, whatever multiple you picked, you will always choose the person that has been generated.

I think they counted on people only looking for 'their' number, only glancing momentarily at the other faces and not noticing that some of them are recurring.

Supercalifragilistic

Supercalifragilistic

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
thanx and Rawe in step two add the 2 digits so if u started with the number 65, add 6+5=11 take away 11 from 65.

looie

BreatheMarhime

BreatheMarhime

• Pip
  • 1 posts

It works on the principle of the 9 times table;

If you add the digits of any two digit number and subtract that from the original number, you get a multiple of 9 [e.g. 25 - (2+5) = 18]. If you look at the page of celebrity faces, each multiple of 9 (i.e. 9, 18, 27 etc) is the same person - thus, whatever multiple you picked, you will always choose the person that has been generated.

I think they counted on people only looking for 'their' number, only glancing momentarily at the other faces and not noticing that some of them are recurring.

View Post

Not to mention that the pictures shift each time, so while 9 might be Oprah one time, it's Carrot Top the next, etc. Thus adding to the mystery.

It's a neat little trick, really. :tazz: