Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

FireFox Help once again!Pls help

• Please log in to reply

theneilshow

theneilshow

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi,well...here is my problem......I had firefox working perfect the last day or so,then came the new update,then i used the browser 2 more times that day and then bam,everytime i click on the firefox logo to surf the web nothing comes up,but in my task manager it says firefox process running!!!??? i don't get it....so when i click on my firefox browser why wont it load? Nothing at all happens.Do i have a hacker?I do run AVG anti virus and have plenty of spyware detecters.....I am so mad.....Also my computer has crashed 4 times today.How could i find out what the problem is?Someone pls give me something>Cheers from Edmonton Canada

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Start> All Programs>Accessories> System Restore
Pick a date before the Firefox problem, cross your eyes and fingers, and post back with the result.
Johanna

crazyguitarchik

crazyguitarchik

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
I know this sounds obvious, but have you restarted your computer after the update?

theneilshow

theneilshow

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Yes i have restarted.I tried the system restore thing also.It still doesn't work.I dunno what the problem is.It has to be a firefox.exe problem....I delete firefox then get it again and it still happens.I downloadedd the "beta" version and it works fine except on certain websites there are big "quicktime " symbols with big question marks,i add all the plug ins but it still does not go away.I am clueless on this,thanks everyone who has gave me suggestions,it helps alot.EEERRRRR in Edmonton.

crazyguitarchik

crazyguitarchik

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
Try running a Check Disk. Go to My computer, right-click your hard drive (usually C:\) and click properties.
In the Tools tab, click on the Check Now button.
Tick all boxes and press start. Click Yes to the next pop up.
Next time you restart, it will check your disk for errors, this may take about 30mins or more depending on how big your hard drive is.

Also, what firewall are you running and have yu recently upgraded you operating system?

Have you tried using other browsers? If so, does the same happen?

Try this website:

http://kb.mozillazin...ll_not_start_up

theneilshow

theneilshow

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
thank you soooooo much for the help,i am no good when it comes to this stuff...i did what you told me to do and no disk errors? i dunno puzzles me to death what the problem is.

theneilshow

theneilshow

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I run Mcaffee firewall and have av antivirus...

theneilshow

theneilshow

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Also,when i run spybot everytime i have two hits on it....anti virus override and firewall override,don't know what that is and it has been appearing for the last month,but i do have a firewall and anti virus....anyone else have this? and how do i stop this from appearing? man computers are frusterating!!!! help from Edmonton

Chachazz

Chachazz

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,046 posts
In the first post (explanation) it sounds as if Firefox.exe is running
twice. This can be checked in 'Task Manager/Services' - may need to end extra FFox .exe which may be running.

However, you mention upgrading to the new version and also installing the Beta.(?)
Sounds like a completely fresh install is required.

Completely Remove Firefox:
-Uninstall all versions of Firefox: Start/Control Panel/Add Remove/Mozilla Firefox
-Delete Profile(s)(essential): C:/'your user name'/Documents & Settings/Application Data/Mozilla - delete this Mozilla folder.

Save your bookmarks first; Bookmarks Manager/File/Export/Your choice location.

Next: Clean Up (all freeware)- with a cleaner such as

CleanCache
http://www.buttuglys...leanCache3.html

or CCleaner
http://www.ccleaner.com/

Clean Registry with RegSeeker(very safe)( Set to make backups before cleaning)
http://www.hoverdesk.net/freeware.htm

Reboot and reinstall the current stable Firefox 1.0.7
http://www.mozilla.o...oducts/firefox/

...good luck :tazz: