Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

grrr at viruses

• Please log in to reply

elle-lea

elle-lea

• Pip
  • 5 posts
[COLOR=purple]hiya people, been having a few problems with my computer since last monday, at the night time cmd opened and started to download masses of files as soon as i could i ended the process but it also gave me a pop up saying your freeprod content is loading i ended this proces aswell but my system froze up, after rebooting avg popped up saying virus found and named it as ms.direct.x i deleted it several times after each time i reboot but it still comes back, it also gives me several others.
Ive used trend housecall to do a scan but whatever it removes comes back and it cant find the msdirect.x .
It has stopped me opening regedit, after a bit task manager wont open and hijack this only opens if renamed to something else/
when task manager opens it always has cmd running, and i cant end the process.
whatever it is is freezing my comp after half an hour if i try and save pics, edit pics use paintshop pro, change addresses in IE and when i boot up i get taken to an IE page called knu-concepts.com and all that says is under construction.
any help given is muchly appreciated :) thankoo

i can run hijack this but i cant save a logfile to copy and paste it as the program goes non responsive. :tazz:
so im gonna try and upload screen shots of it :)

Advertisements

elle-lea

elle-lea

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
hmm i dont think the screenshots uploaded, it definatley sent them but i cant see them on the post