Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unable to access secure sites

• Please log in to reply

jane1972

jane1972

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Since cleaning up PC after Derbiz hit, am having trouble getting to secure sites. Every time I go to a secure site when trying to purchase items on line, the 'The page cannot be displayed' page appears. Any ideas?

Advertisements

crazyguitarchik

crazyguitarchik

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
In your internet settings, is your SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0 and TLS ticked?

tjkelly00

tjkelly00

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi, I'm not sure if this is appropriate in someone else's thread, but I have the same problem, so i'm wondering if I can just jump in.

I checked my internet settings.
SSL 2.0 - checked
SSL 3.0 - checked
TSL - unchecked

Is this right? Should I change these settings? Let me know.
Thanks

tjk

crazyguitarchik

crazyguitarchik

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
What you have is default but it's always worth checking the TLS box.

Check your firewalls are not blocking these particular websites. In IE they have a restricted website feature. To see if the non working website is being restricted go to Tools>Internet options>Security, click on the Restricted Sites Icon, then click on Sites. Check the list to see if your non-working sites pop up.

jane1972

jane1972

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Ta for your replies. All 3 boxes checked and no restricted sites as regards the firewall. Any more ideas?