Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Running a game from another computer

• Please log in to reply

Iceendz

Iceendz

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
I have a computer with win98 and another with win2000. I have a game Diablo II installed on my win2000 pc and it requires the cd to play. I want to set my cd-rom drive on my win2000 pc so that my win98 pc will be able to use it through the network like it was it's own drive. Then I want my win98 pc to be able to run Diablo II without installing it on my win98 pc because it has to small a harddrive to install Diablo II. I wanna run Diablo II on the win98 using the win2000 pc's resources.

Advertisements

SpaceCowboy706

SpaceCowboy706

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
Hello Iceendz, and welcome to Geeks to Go, :tazz:

I need a little additional information to ascertain whether or not I will be able to assist you, in correcting your problem.

Please Answer the following questions:

1) What operating systems are on the Pc's to be included in the resource share (Please include windows upgrades and Patches)?

2) Are you using a Wired or Wireless Network?

3) What IP Configuration are you using (Example.. DHCP, PPoE / Static, Automatic)

2) Have you already ran the Network Setup Wizard and established both Pc's under the same workgroup.

3) Are you currently able to share Files.

4) Is Pc 1 able to "PING" Pc 2 from, command prompt.

5) Have you already changed the name of the resource to be shared?

6) Please include any troubleshooting steps you have already taken, in an attempt to correct your problem?

PLEASER ANSWER QUESTIONS 1 - 6 THOROUGHLY, SO WE MAY BETTER FIND THE
SOLUTION TO YOUR PROBLEM?