Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mustek? GSmart mini

• Please log in to reply

cjh1221

cjh1221

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
My mother recently gave me a Mustek GSmart mini camera. I have the installation CD but no documentation to go with it. I tried to install using the CD. It said install was successful. I could not figure out how to upload pictures. I uninstalled and tried using New Hardware Wizard. Same problem, there is no way to upload. I have tried using a variety of picture viewing software (Adobe, Kodak Easy Share, Fine Pix) and I cannot find the path to upload pictures from. I'm pretty slow in this area so if someone could maybe walk me through it, or help me out somehow I'd really appreciate it. :tazz:

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
If it plugs in to the PC with a USB lead, and you're running Windows XP, the camera should automatically be detected without the need to install any drivers or other software. Plug it in while XP is running and in a couple of seconds it should appear in 'My Computer' as a new drive-letter. Just double-click this and a new window will open containing the pictures or a folder of pictures. The CD is only required if you're running Windows 98/98SE or Windows ME because they can't 'see' the camera without a driver. If you are running Windows 95 (even the last release of 95) it won't work at all because USB devices aren't supported in Windows 95, despite what Microsoft claimed at the time.
You can download a manual for it from here:
http://mustekmu.brin...tekmanuals.html
You will need to have the Adobe Acrobat Reader (now called the 'Adobe Reader')
installed to read or print out the manual, and if you aren't using Windows XP, you'll also need to install 'WinZip' because the download (the manual) is a 'zip' file.

Edited by pip22, 26 September 2005 - 05:58 AM.