Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error message help

• Please log in to reply

mrzippo

mrzippo

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
I'm getting these very wierd error messages... I was wondering if you could explain them. Instead of typing them out I took screen shots of them. They are attached.

Advertisements

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
Some light reading for you
cordbg.exe
This shows in your second screen shot

mrzippo

mrzippo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
I'm befuddled.

That's suppose to be light reading? lol... I almost had an aneurism looking at that webpage. Is there something that webpage was suppose to tell me to do? If so I missed it.

The errors seem to pop up when all my programs load on startup (especially after AIM signs on).

And I'm getting HORRIBLE system performance. I have pretty good computer specs. I feel like something is slowing my computer down. And I believe my soundcard is either broken, or some reason 1 speaker doesn't work... so many problems, so little time

But you can just stick to telling me what the deal is with the errors for the time being :tazz:

You guys rock, your team got my A Better Internet Virus problem fixed in one night. When Shortmedia.com have taken a month and havn't done anything to help at all! You guys are the best out there....

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
what can you tell me about your system
is it a dell ibm etc or generic.
Did this just start or have you added software, hardware, or updates?
do you have system restore turned on?

mrzippo

mrzippo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Its custom built.
It just started because I had the ABetterInternetVirus that is currently being being fixed in the Malware forums. So that might have something to do with it.
System restore is off.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
I would wait until you are completely clean before we start taking things apart here. It is important for our malware pros that you have a stable, meaning constant, system for them to work effectively

Changing things in multiple areas will cause you more trouble later.

Please be patient

mrzippo

mrzippo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Ok well the infection has been cleaned up... I'm just waiting on a response to do a final "clean up"... which I would assume is changing settings back to normal and such... so if you want to go ahead and post some instructions I would wait to do them after I get the final post in my other thread.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
please be patient and wait until EVERYTHING is complete

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
Yes I agree
I did not know you had a post in malware. Once that is fixed then we look at the next problem.

mrzippo

mrzippo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Ok Malware post has been resolved and closed... I'm ready to move on, sorry for the double post.

Ok after more checking, it looks like the malware did leave behind some damage. System performance is slow. And these two new but similar error messages came up while I was trying to download the Windows update:

Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 (which I'm still unable to download but was able to download service pack 3)

They said and did the exact same thing, just had a different file under the title of the error message:

SL55.tmp

but still mentions the dordbg.exe in the error message.... wierd.

I also had an FCEngine.exe Crash (no idea what that means) it asked me if i wanted to send an error report, but didn't seem to afffect my computer after it crashed.

Not to mention ever since I had that malware, my sound card appears to be completely ruined. Sound coming from anything I play is pretty horrible quality. I have tryed a completely different set of speakers only to have same affect.

Can you help me reverse this damage? :tazz:

Thanks for your time!

Edited by mrzippo, 27 September 2005 - 07:10 AM.

Advertisements

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
Do you have an HP printer or scanner ?
Also can you go to
Start>All programes>Startup
tell me what is in that folder please

mrzippo

mrzippo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Yes I have an HP Scanner/Printer combo.

That folder contains:

Adobe Gamma Loader.exe (What is that?)
Checkit 86 (Popup Blocker)
HP Digital Imaging Monitor
HP Image Zone Fast STart
Microsoft Office
Spyware Guard

FCEngine.exe crashes are happening more often now

And I have a video card crash as well today (might be a freak accident, I just bought Battlefield 2 and that might have put to much stress on my system).

OK rebooted and got a "serious error report". I took a screen shot. But long story short is, It had me report this error to microsoft (Had something to do with RAM) and now I downloaded RAM diagnostic tool from Microsoft. Running that now.

My computer is going haywire and running almost worse then when I had the Malware. Is there a forum here where I can reinstall the malware? LoL. Just kidding.

Thanks for your time, I'll be editing this post constantly with more info as I get it untill you return.

Ok well I don't have a floppy to make a boot disk, and the CD image thing I don't understand what to do... so the RAM diagnostic is going to have to wait. (I just bought a stick of 512 MB RAM today which makes me nervous)

Edited by mrzippo, 28 September 2005 - 08:06 PM.

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
have you had the HP long?
Because one of the things I found point to HP.
Do you have a problem with taking the hp stuff out of startup ?
This should not affect the product at all, just stops the files from loading when not needed.
To take them out of startup just right click on them and drag them to the desktop. We can put them back in later. If you are nervous about doing this then make a restore point. However the startup file is just loading things whether they are needed or not. Try this and see what happens.

mrzippo

mrzippo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
I'm not worried about it. I can always just reinstall the printer.

The only problem is though, this printer is a scanner too that has lots of buttons on it. So I think it needs a certain software running constantly so I can just press the "scan" button on the printer and have it automatically do it like a copying machine.

However, I have already deleted everything out of startup besides:

Spyware Guard
HP Digital Imaging Monitor

I'm going to restart and see if I can get those error messages to come up... If they still come up I'll get rid of that HP Digital Imaging Monitor. Try restart again.

Do you think HP is also responsible for the FCEngine.exe Crash?

And what about my sound card? Not sure if you have forgotten about that or just trying to fix one problem at a time. Haha...

Thanks for your time, I'm eagerly awaiting your response.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Ok well after first restart no error message, so I believe that problem is solved.

However, now consistently on restart I get a FCEngine.exe crash. I believe this is our next issue assuming I don't recieve that HP error during my normal routine on this computer between your next post.

----------------------------------------------------------------

VirusScan just alerted me of a Trojan

C:\WINDOW\svcproc.ex$

it claims it was deleted but I don't believe my virus scan. he is usually a liar.

Edited by mrzippo, 29 September 2005 - 10:41 AM.

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
You can still use the scanner/printer
the startup folder just loads files basicly into memory. Your scanner and
your printer will still work the same as before.

Sound Card
Start>My computer>right click>properties>hardware tab>device manager
click on this, this should give you a list of things on your computer, go down the list till you find the sound device click on the + sign. Any yellow ? marks.
Right click on the sound card in the list that opens after you click on the + sign on the general tab does it say the device is working properly.
You can also update the drivers under the properties tab.

FC engine
BAD news it's back to the malware people for this.

What kind of anti virus are you using? I think that this is the best going
E trust anti virus
It has a 1 year free trial.
However if you try this you should uninstall the anti virus you have it is not wise to run 2 anti virus programs.