Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Adobe Photoshop 7.0

• Please log in to reply

Eyther

Eyther

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hello,

I have Adobe Photoshop 7.0 on my computer. I also use Windows xp. Lately, when I use adobe photoshop, it automatically will shut down, or my computer will freeze. But, only when I use that program. It worked before, and it's been about 9 months since I've used it. Is there anything I can do to make it work again?

Thank you,
Eyther

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
uninstall it, then reinstall it is usually the first step

Eyther

Eyther

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I did uninstall and reinstall it and it's still doing the same thing. I ran all the virus scans I have, thinking it's a virus or something like that. So, now my computer is clean and it is still doing it.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Note the time on the system clock

start photoshop

let it crash, whatever

If still running, or reboot

start > run
eventvwr.msc
<enter>

look under APPLICATIONS at the time you tried to run photoshop.

Any errors showing AT THAT TIME

xblack_violetx

xblack_violetx

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hi, i also have the same problem...my computer freezes and i have to turn it off...yet it still keeps doing it...i cannot even open a saved file from photoshop before it blacks out...i tried installing and reinstalling it, and also looking under the "application", but i do not know what to look for...so please help! because i have a project due tomorrow and i need photoshop...