Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

wireless

• Please log in to reply

teireng

teireng

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I got a wireless router and i can pick up the signal, my computer tells me im connected the strenth is good but i cant get on the internet. Would it have something ot do with the fact that the status says im sending packets but barely receiving any?

please help

Advertisements

spadeaxe

spadeaxe

• Pip
  • 3 posts
That happened to me once, and all it ended up being was that the "main computers" firewall had it blocked. I use a Linksys wireless system with XP. I allowed it to pass the firewall and have had no further problems. Just a thought.

teireng

teireng

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
I think that might help, thanks

kd1966

kd1966

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
make sure your TCP/IP settings on the wireless computer are correct; specifically the Gateway (Wireless router) IP add

Simply connecting to the wireless router does not necessarily indicate internet capabilities

Edited by kd1966, 01 October 2005 - 04:12 PM.

Dragons119

Dragons119

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
you can go to the network thing in controll panal click on wirless, then click tcp/ip then propertys tell it to automaticly get your ip. thats what i had to do.

Edited by Dragons119, 02 October 2005 - 08:45 AM.