Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cant Accesss Hotmail Site

• Please log in to reply

cleverboy12

cleverboy12

• PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
hi there,

i cant seem to access the hotmail site through firefox IE and even opera it says page cannot be displayed.

Can anyone please help me :tazz:

Advertisements

EMCguy

EMCguy

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
cleverboy12

Take a look at this: From http://www.handypass...-problems.shtml

Hotmail sign in problems?

A number of customers have problems with signing in to Hotmail, here are a few things one can try to sort them out.
Clear temporary files

A solution, suggested by the Microsoft Support Team, is to clear Internet Temporary files and History. This can be done in the following way:
# In Internet Explorer, from the "Tools" menu, select "Internet Options".
# On the "General" tab, under "Temporary Internet Files," click "Delete Files".
# Click "Settings" and select "Every Visit to the Page".

To confirm that the files have been deleted, click "View Files." If they have not been deleted, select all files and delete them.
# Under "History," click "Clear History".

However, most of the times a different approach is required.
Disable any firewall/protection software

One of things one can do to sign-in to Hotmail is to disable any firewall/protection software, running on the computer. This could be ZoneAlarm, for instance. This should allow the cookies to pass from the server to your computer.
Enable cookies

Another thing to do is to allow cookies on your computer:
# In Microsoft Internet Explorer, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
# Click the Privacy tab, and then click Advanced.
# Select the Override automatic cookie handling check box, and then select the Always allow session cookies check box.
# Click OK, and then click OK again.

Note: This is the recommended option on shared computers. (this one is provided by Microsoft on its online help pages)

Hopefully, after applying any of the above features, you will be able to sign-in to Hotmail.

Give it a shot

PS other folks seem to be having trouble today, so it might be a problem with their site.

Best regards, :tazz:

EMCguy

cleverboy12

cleverboy12

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
Ok thanks for helping me i see that i can now access it.