Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Restarting in Safe mode on a Vaio Notebook

• Please log in to reply

Wizzy

Wizzy

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi, I've got a Sony Vaio PCG-K23 running XP.

What I want to do is restart in Safe-Mode so that I can run certain programs for cleanup (espcially when my question in the malware forum gets answered [if it does]).

Problem is F8 does not do it. I hold it down during the startup exactly as my help files say, and it doesn't work. I've tried F5 which it also says to do.

I go to the sony online help and am getting no help. I've talked to 3 people now and i'm either lead to a page telling me to hold f8, or am told directly by them to hold f8.

F8 is not working.

I was hoping someone might have some clue

Advertisements

Wizzy

Wizzy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
nevermind. after repeatedly logging on and asking a different person. I finally got one who gave me some different advice, and got Safe Mode up