Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Filters

• Please log in to reply

trebreklaw

trebreklaw

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
Hi, Anyone have ideas/thoughts/experence-- about which Childrens Internet filter to use??

Free/shareware would be a plus.

Easy to uninstall, in case it didn't work out, would be another plus.

Any input would be appreciated

Thanks--- Treb

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Zone Alarm Firewall has a good one built in to it, and also [url=http://forums.spywaretimes.com/index.php?showtopic=16&st=0&#entry50}MVPS Host File[/url] will prevent acess to some sites that have you know what.

trebreklaw

trebreklaw

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
Hi-- thanks for the reply--

I have the winXP firewall-- don't think I could run 2 firewalls?? Or maybe the Zone Alarm would actually be better anyway---

I'd like to prevent access to All sites with you know what--

There seem to be about 4 shareware filters available-- I'll probably try several of them....

Thanks Treb

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
In installing Zone Alarm fire wall is a very good I idea, it is far better than the Windows XP firewall. Also if you decide that you don't need the filter in it I would advise Kerio personal firewall which is what I use. Post back some time saying what filter you chose to use.