Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless Network disconnects...

• Please log in to reply

bruderfelipe

bruderfelipe

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hey,

the wireless network on my notebook allows me to surf on the internet for a certain amount of time (which varies), but then all of a sudden a message pops up that the wireless network i was using seconds ago is now available. meaning that i´m not connected to it anymore but could do so. if i click on connect it works again almost immediately. and it actually says that the connection is good. so i dont see why it should lose it.
any thoughts?
thank you

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
You could possibly have a driver that 'works' with your wireless card but doesn't necessarily work well with it. I suggest you go to your wireless cards manufacturer's website and download the latest drivers for it.

Fenor

Rockett

Rockett

• PipPip
  • 78 posts
If I remember correctly, ALL wireless components MUST accept interference from certain devices. I'd see if there isn't something around the router (900MHz Phones are notorious for it) that could be causing a problem.

Rockett

kd1966

kd1966

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
This happens on my home network on a wireless system downstairs that consistently has "Low" signal strength. I will get periodic balloon msgs that tell me my wireless is "Now Connected", but haven't actually lost the connection until I get the "Low connectivity" icon. IMO, I think it's more of a delay in the communications between the wireless card and the router upstairs.

And just for the record, Wireless routers do NOT use 900mhz, they run on 2.4ghz, so if you have a microwave oven running or a 2.4ghz phone in use, you will experience connectivity issues on your wireless

bruderfelipe

bruderfelipe

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
hey,

besides this laptop the network connection works fine on every other pc (yay, the "no connection" sign just popped up again!!).

i`ll try the thing with the driver, could there be anything else? could my laptop just be broken?

thanks

kd1966

kd1966

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
probably just have a weak signal at that spot................... that's the problem with mine, and I'm using a "turbo-g" wireless................lol