Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Magazines

• Please log in to reply

boob

boob

• PipPip
  • 74 posts
Out of the following three magazines, what are your rankings and why? (I'm cheap and can't decide which to get).

1)Maximum PC
2)PC Magazine
3)PC World

I'm kind of looking for something that has a little about everything and new technology advances in computers. Thanks alot for any replies. :tazz:

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
I'd have to chose PCMag from that list. Good editoral content, and decent ratings. My currrent favorite is CPU (Computer Power User). :tazz:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
I cant say i have heard of any of them, but i read custom PC(cause its cheap and has excellent depth to its hardware reveiws, and PC Format is good has a great cover disk and plenty of reading in it with good tutorials on various things, but it is pretty expensive for a PC mag. Has anyone noticed that they are getting more and more expensive, im not getting why the cover disks arent that expensive and the hardware they test is all free from manufacturers.

cleverboy12

cleverboy12

• PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
I havent read any but i do read game magazines. although i dont have any game consoles. :tazz::

Edited by cleverboy12, 28 September 2005 - 10:58 AM.

John_L

John_L

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts
Well I cant say that i read any of those mags, simply because they don't really interest me. I find them all full of tweaks and tricks, game junk which i never play and hardware related stuff. I bought a magazine recently that dealt with tweaking xp, what a waste of money! for myself anyways, but a good read for those just beggining to use xp. Now i f i could find a good magazine, that specialized in spyware removal, that i would be interested in. :tazz:

Edited by John_L, 29 September 2005 - 03:27 PM.

Pi rules

Pi rules

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
I get PC World. I consider that the best, followed by PC Magazine, the Maximum PC.

Allsortgroup

Allsortgroup

I SPAMMED Too Much!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts
I allways get computer active!

It tells you all the latest stuff!! :tazz:

Pi rules

Pi rules

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
I would like to add Computer Shopper to my list. I often read it and it seems like a good computer magazine.

Emery Herman

Emery Herman

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
My favorite is PCM. PC magazine is what it stands for. Most or all of you know the english version of the mag but I read the dutch version.

DynamiteN

DynamiteN

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
1)Maximum PC
2)PC Magazine
3)PC World

theese 3 :tazz:

boob

boob

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
Haha. :tazz: I'm not new to XP or anything like that, just looking for the best magazine to keep me updating on all the new technology. (The only reason why I am deciding between those three is because those are the only PC related ones in the book of magazines my girlfriend is selling for prom or whatever.)

Thanks alot for all the posts. :)

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
I am more into the Economist magazire. which I agree isn't a comp mag. but it puts computers into focus vis ai vis current trends and future problems, excellent artical on the inevitable breakup of the current fix telephone pricing system due to Skype.

Allsortgroup

Allsortgroup

I SPAMMED Too Much!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts
I would like to get the macromedia flash developers magazine every week, but for £5.50 its just way toooo expensive!!! :tazz: