Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

One problem solved, another created!

• Please log in to reply

schnapps

schnapps

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I have the greatest thanks for this forum that elimated my tough to beat Winfixer malware problem! After fixing the problem, I ran the recommended programs like Spyware S&D and Spywareblaster to ensure against future attacks. However, now I cannot access excite mail. I get directed to a page here saying that I need to enable javascript and/or cookies. I've tried messing around with the scipt and cookie settings on my IE 6, but it still doesn't work! I've even reset the security settings to "default" but cannot get onto excite email.

Can anyone help?!?!

Advertisements

EMCguy

EMCguy

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
Hi, schnapps

Temporarily try shutting down your firewall. If that doesnt work, then try shutting down your various anti-spyware anti-adware apps (one at a time) like Spyware Guard, Winpatrol, Spyware Blaster, Tea Timer etc.

You may also want to temporarily try putting that site in your trusted zone.

(Dont go indiscriminately surfing like that. Just try it on that one problem site.)

Let me know what happens :tazz:

Best regards,

EMCguy

Edited by EMCguy, 28 September 2005 - 02:24 PM.

schnapps

schnapps

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Strange... but true!

I went back into SpywareBlaster and clicked "Disable all protection".

Excite email then worked! So it seems like I found the smoking gun. Just to be curious, I went back into SpywareBlaster and manually added back internet explorer's protection one option at a time. Excite email still worked. So just to prove a point, I clicked on "enable all protection".

But the email *still* works! :)

Like I said, strange, but true. Heck, I'll take it! :tazz:

EMCguy

EMCguy

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
Glad to hear its fixed :) :) :tazz: :) :) :) :)