Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Currently installed new HD!

• Please log in to reply

InFlames

InFlames

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hello , I just recently installed a second HD. My primary is a Maxtor 6EO4OLO 40 gig and the one I installed is a Maxtor 4K080H4 80 gig. I installed it as a slave since it is just for storage purposes. The problem is , for example , I can backup a standard DVD using DVD Shribk to my primary HD and it takes about 20 Minutes. I try the same thing to the slave and it takes over an hour. The rate of backup just keeps dropping. And also transferring files to this drive takes forever as well. I currently have a P4 2.53 GHZ processor if you need this info. Is there something i can do to fix this. There is a new ribbon cable already. The drive states it is healthy and active. If you can help , I would appreciate it. If more info is needed I will do the best i can . thanks.

Jim

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
What cable do you have the hard drives on? They should usually be on the same cable and the optical drives on the other cable.

InFlames

InFlames

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Yes , they are both on the same IDE cable with the primary on the end and the slave attached to the middle.