Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

suspicious actions by MDNS responder...

• Please log in to reply

RandomUser

RandomUser

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi all, i`m glad to be a new user in this forum :)
I have this one always on processes.
I wonder what MDNS or msdn responder means, when running the panda titanium antivirus I have no viruses ditacted on my computer.
Well here`s for the behaviour: I start win and that mdsn starts as every other process, no problems there.
After some time, sometimes 10 minutes and sometime it can be 20 hours(mainly in high usage of CPU, when running lots of programs) I get that process mdsnresponder or whatever it`s called occupying my cpu usage up to 100%, i`ll explain.
This process seems to behave in such a way that it makes sure my usage is 100%, if I use 15% already it will use 85% if I use nothing it uses 100%.
I fail to understand that situation, nothing detected and the fact that sometimes I work with no problems, can this be a virus or trojan? :)
P.S
I use xp-pro.
I have pretty good pc, no lack of memory too, 1 gig of RAM(512X2).
I can end the process manually, nothing is effected and then my cpu usage goes back to normal.
any suggestions?
Thanx for your help! :tazz:

Edited by RandomUser, 28 September 2005 - 11:58 PM.

Advertisements