Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

GeForce 6600 Vid Card & World of Warcraft

• Please log in to reply

MikeV53

MikeV53

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Just purchased an Nvide GeForce 6600 video card for my pc and installed the drivers that came with the card. When I opened World of Warcraft the screen pixalated and then the logon screen froze. I uninstalled the drivers and installed a different driver version. The same thing happened. Tried 4 different driver versions and still the same thing. I don't know what else to do.

I have a Soyo KT600 Dragon v2.0 Socket A Motherboard with a AMD Athlon XP3000+ Socket A CPU Barton Core 333FSB processor and 512mb of RAM. I am running Windows XP Professional.

ANy help you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

MikeV53

MikeV53

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Anyone please help me out here I spent like 130 bucks on this video card and it wont work for the one game i bought it for.

MikeV53

MikeV53

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
anyone help me out here i still cant figure out what is problem is still getting garbled screen when i log into wow

MikeV53

MikeV53

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
come on guys a lil help would be appreciated here i dont want to have to buy another video card again

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Perhaps the graphics card is faulty?

MikeV53

MikeV53

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
That's what I'm thinking. I put the old card (PNY GeForce MX4000 128MB AGP) back in and it works fine in W.O.W. I've got the extra cash I'm going to try the new GEForce 6800 card. :tazz:

uafx

uafx

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have the same problem with my new AOpen Aeolus 6600 (with nVidia 6600).
The screen freezes not only in World of Warcraft, but also in "Second Sight", the game that came along with the graphics card.

The problem exists with all driver versions I tried (76.44, 77.72 and 78.01).
Is this a common problem, or is my HW defect as well as yours? Have you found any solution in the meantime?

MikeV53

MikeV53

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
I have done everything short of reinstalling the OS. I am actually sending the card back to the place I purchased it from today, to see if I can get a replacement card. Will keep posting if anything else pops up. Thanks