Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Norton AntiVirus/Internet Security

• Please log in to reply

Unoxis2002

Unoxis2002

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Hi all. :tazz:

HUGE problem here lol. I noticed my PC was running really slow and that TuneUP utilities was running (which I don't have it programmed to do or so I thought). So I went to close it and I got the error that it wasn't responding and would close. Fine. My PC was still all slow so I rebooted. That's when I noticed that Norton Antivirus and Internet Security didn't load on startup. (Which it should!) I went into Norton to Enable it and although I clicked it nothing happened. And it wouldn't let me into internet Security because it said it required supervisor access. That's just ridiculas because I should be the supervisor lol.

I went into TuneUp to see if Norton was there and it isn't. Do I need to add it there so it loads on start up? I don't know what to do...HELP! Thanks all in advance. ;)

PS - I don't want to start my New Year with a virus lol

Advertisements

Guest_thatman_*

Guest_thatman_*
Hi

Hi Unoxis2002

Please run a free online virus scan here (tick the "Auto Clean" checkbox):
http://housecall.antivirus.com/

And a free trojan scan here:
http://www.moosoft.com/

Reboot your PC.

Click the HijackThis Guide in my signature, download it and follow the instructions in the guide.

Most of what it lists will be harmless or even essential, DO NOT delete or modify anything yet! Someone will be along to tell you what steps to take after you post the contents of the scan results.

kc :tazz: