Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DISK DEFRAGMENTER

• Please log in to reply

gerald.janda

gerald.janda

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
ok... ITS GONE!!!!!! my disk defragmenter is gone.. and then when i try to go through DOS... it says "ACCES IS DENIED!!" what the HAY is that???!!!! anyways... please help.. my disk cleanup and my disk defragmenter has disappeared... i need help in finding them.. or can i download that???? from the web???

thanks... from the man missing defrag,
gerald

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start then run, type sfc /scannow then press enter to replace the system files, you need the XP CD and get a blue progress bar, reboot when the bar goes

If no change

Try here

http://www.geekstogo...ws-XP-t138.html

Don't worry; Windows XP repair feature won't delete your data, installed programs, personal information, or settings. It just repairs the operating system

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Look for the following file: C:\Windows\system32\dfrg.msc
It's a system file so if you use the xp search tool, make sure you enable 'search system folders'. Hopefully it will be found. Double-click it and defrag will start. Put a shortcut to it on the Desktop ready for future use.

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Gerald I had a look around and I see that you are having more than one problem in the XP forum but have not posted a HiJack This log could you please Read This and then post in the Malware Forum, not here. Once they say you are clean come back here and we will help you with what you need. (I have put this in all his questions because I think they have the same cause)