Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Missing File?

• Please log in to reply

Paroxysm

Paroxysm

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
:tazz: I tried to install some add-ons to a childs' program called Tux Paint but when it gets halfway through it stops and says: Error trying to write to file banana.png. When I try to find this file it is non-existent. What does this mean? Is this something I may have accidentally deleted? I sounds familiar. Any ideas on how to fix it? Could it just be a corrupt install prgm? The author's site doesn't offer any help.
Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanx and Happy New Year! ;)

Advertisements

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Can you uninstall and reinstall Tux Paint? Instead of installing the add-ons later, can you install the entire package all at once?

Paroxysm

Paroxysm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Nope, I've tried to re-install each and it still comes up with the same error and they don't come bundlled together so I can't install both at once. :tazz:

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
I can tell from the name that it's just an image file. Are you trying to install this from a CD? Sounds like it may be scratched or dirty.

Paroxysm

Paroxysm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
This is a downloaded set of programs from Tux for Kids, that's why I was thinking that maybe the install program itself is corrupt, and yeah you're right, a .png file is just an image file so that's why I don't understand why it has a problem copying to or creating one called banana.png. The add-ons are an extra set of stamps and sounds for the Tux Paint program. If I try to create a folder called banana or banana.png I get the error message "Cannot rename New Folder. Access is denied. Make sure the disk is not full or or write protected and that the file is not currently in use." If I search for banana with Find Files it finds nothing with that name so I'm starting to think it's a problem with their install program, which is too bad because its a good program for kids to learn Paint. The main program runs fine.

If you can't think of anything else that's OK, I'll keep trying to get in touch with the author's site to see if they know what the problem is.

Thanx for your time. :tazz:

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Is it an old program? Sometimes they are not compatible. But I'm sure you checked that out. Some of those programs just have quirks. :tazz:

Paroxysm

Paroxysm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Get This!! I thought I'd try a fresh download of the installer programs so I went back to website and there I noticed you could also download the programs opened in a zip file! Problem solved! Wrong. First I unzipped the main program, and everythings fine, on to the stamps... click unzip... about halfway through it stops asking me if I want to replace banana png. with this new banana.png :woot:(one banana, two banana, three banana, four ;) ) Reluctantly I said OK. Up pops the warning: This file name refers to a device associated with a LPT setting and could affect one or more programs...etc!!![/B] and only another OK button...No Cancel ...No Close :help: I hit CtrlAltDel and got the heck outta there!!
:beer: The thing I have associated is my LPT1 printer and port...that's all :tazz:
You wouldn't believe the nightmare I had trying to get my printer to work with my computer because of port conflicts :help: and eventually had to haul it all to the store and have them figure it out, which they did, and configured it to the LPT1 port. (another $40 :mad: ) So somewhere between Lexmark's files and the store's settings exists a file named banana.png!!! :help: What are the chances!?!? :no: I don't know where it is, what it is, or what it does.
Anyways, I ain't touchin' it. :help:
So, my son can live without the extra stamps :thumbsup:
Kids and their games...God bless 'em eh? :help:

:help: Well, thanx once again, sorry to waste your tiime, kinda funny though :cheers:

P.S. :cheers: Started using Firefox since I came here and discovered it this time and I like it way better than those other two. What were they called? It was like something Explorer ..and Net something...Oh well, who cares?

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Glad you came to a decision with your problem. Good luck. :tazz: