Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP Accessing Drive D when...

• Please log in to reply

whodoovoodoo

whodoovoodoo

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I recently bought a computer and installed the C drive out of my old machine into my new one as the D Drive. Now, I can't access the Owners files of this drive on the new machine. They were both running XP home and XP is still on the transplanted drive. I can access everything else on the drive except this folder which stinks since all my photos and music were in this folder. It will not even show me the contents (size, type or so on). It shows the folder as empty which I know is a crock. How do I get into this folder? I think that it is passworded since the machine that it was removed from did have a log on password. Now that I am not booting off of this drive anymore, the password is stopping me, I think, from accessing this folder. Question is, how can I access this folder? There has got to be a way. It is really frustrating to say the least. Any help would be great!! Thanks!! :tazz:

Advertisements

Pi rules

Pi rules

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
Read this:
How to Take Ownership of a Folder

Make sure to reboot and start in Safe Mode (press F8 until you see a menu, then choose Safe Mode) then login to an account with Adminstrative rights, and follow the instructions on the link.