Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Finished, Now What?

• Please log in to reply

Mxrider

Mxrider

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Ok, I finished my new build, and I got it working, windows loads etc etc. After my first boot into WinXp Proffessional SP/2, I loaded my Mobo driver CD and it installed the chipset drivers. I then loaded my Vid card CD and loaded the Nvidia drivers. What I need to know now, is what else do I need to do? This is the first time I have ever loaded a system, or OS for that matter, from scratch. It seems like windows is running Way slower than it should be, almost as if I was on 256mb of ram or something. I am installing my ISP software right now and will have acces to direct driver downloads. Any suggestions on what I should do next?

PC Specs
Gigabyte K8NXP-SLI Mobo
Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce 6600GT VGA
1GB (2x512) Kingston Value Ram
WD CaviarSE 16mb cache SataII (3.0Gb/s)
running on-board sound(8ch sound stock??why not)
Windows XP Proffessional Service Pack 2

Thanks,
-Andrew

Advertisements

Eneoecu

Eneoecu

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
I found that the following program helps you find all the update website for all your hardware. It will take you right to the updates page most of the time for your hardware. The CDs that that you get with your new hardware don't contain the most up-to-date firmware..etc.

Just download this program, which is found on this Forum somewhere, and just click on the hardware you want to update and towards the bottom you will see links to the update pages.

http://www.lavalys.c...p?pid=1&lang=en

Just make sure you are downloading the Home Edition.

Hope that helps some! :tazz: