Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

printer help

• Please log in to reply

titan7342

titan7342

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
Not sure if anyone here can really help me with this problem but I figured I would give it a try since everyone is very helpfull. I have a printer/scanner/copier and I just can't get it to print. Everything works fine my printer communicates with my CPU but when the page actually prints it will run thru but no ink is dispersed on the paper. The ink cartridges are fairly new and I have tried to run the nozzle head check and clean but I still get nothing. My printer is a Epson Stylus CX5200. Please help me if you can? I am very close to throwing out a $200 printer.

Advertisements

DeviousTrap

DeviousTrap

systems administrator

• Community Leader
  • 5,649 posts
How long has the printer been sitting idle?

When you say no ink is dispersed on the paper you mean that it acts like its printing and pulls the paper though normally, correct? If so, you may need to run the nozzle clean more than once (i.e. up to 3-4) depending on how long the print has been sitting still.

titan7342

titan7342

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
yes it goes thru the printer just fine. I have tried running the cleaning nozzle head function several times but I still get nothing.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
I'd just keep running the cleaning head function. I remember having to run it many times once on an Epson Stylus. If that doesn't work, throwing it away may be the best option. :tazz: Printers (especially ink jet) have become disposable commodities.

DeviousTrap

DeviousTrap

systems administrator

• Community Leader
  • 5,649 posts

I'd just keep running the cleaning head function. I remember having to run it many times once on an Epson Stylus. If that doesn't work, throwing it away may be the best option. :tazz: Printers (especially ink jet) have become disposable commodities.

View Post

I would not throw it away. Epson printers have their printer heads build into the cartiridges so a new set of cartidges should make it print again.