Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Speed

• Please log in to reply

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
I am sorry to interrupt but you did say you what it faster, I wrote This to help the speed up every ones computer, worth a try.

Advertisements

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
Well to my knowledge most games come out on Pentiums and AMD but you have a Celeron make sure that meets system requirements..well that goes for your gaming problem. Computer speed best thing to look into Michael's Post link! :tazz:

SirNight33

SirNight33

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
:tazz: uhh i dont really get which tweak i do

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Any tweak you feel that you are up to doing. If it looks to hard don't do it. My pick would be if you are after proformance Tweak 2, 3, 7, 13, 19, 23, 30, 31, the other tweaks are not realy for proformance, but rather to make your computer how you what it.

SirNight33

SirNight33

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
i did the tweak to remove file indexing and the virtual memory one and its going alot faster now it would freeze if i right clicked desktop to refresh it :) can have a couple more internet windows also while running my game :tazz:

thanks wannabe1 and michael for helpin me

SirNight33

SirNight33

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
ok well my problem is starting again! was runing fine until about 10minutes ago i have two internet explorers up and im at 100% usage

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
SirNight33...

Something to remember...every open application is using RAM. With only 384MB available and Windows using a portion of that, two open browsers is probably just about taking up the rest. I would suggest adding a stick of RAM...cleaning and tweaking can do only so much.

wannabe1

SirNight33

SirNight33

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
well its getting worse..... after i did a virus scan theres somthing i notice alot when i push ctrl+alt+del to see whats using up all my stuff and theres somthing called
"System Idle Process" its at 99% Usage all the time and seeing as im not idle from my computer why is it always there? :tazz:

**EDIT**
Dont no if it matters but i added up the memory usage and it only comes to
83,240(i think thats 82mb) if im right thats not alot of memory is it?

By the way nothing is taking up any cpu usage its the System Idle Process only at 99%

Edited by SirNight33, 04 October 2005 - 10:52 AM.

SirNight33

SirNight33

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
:tazz: bump :)

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Sytem Idle is showing what it isn't doing, so higher is better

Advertisements

duswalk

duswalk

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Have you tried running spybot to see if you have a problem with spyware?

Edited by duswalk, 12 October 2005 - 08:58 AM.

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
If the system goes faster for few days after system restore then the problem is a software one and not hardware, therefore I would rule out memory size problems. To me it looks like a classic malware case which shoould be delt systematically in the appropriate forum at G2G.