Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PLEASE REMOVE THIS POST

• Please log in to reply

itsjustme99

itsjustme99

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
someone suggested that i download zone alarm to help with my computer...but im not sure if it will work on Windows 98

do you know?

anything else i should know about?

Edited by itsjustme99, 10 October 2005 - 02:16 AM.

Advertisements

Thef0rce

Thef0rce

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
here's what zone labs has to say about it:

System Requirements:
Windows 98SE/ME/2000 Pro/XP. Pentium III 450 MHz or higher. 50MB of available hard disk space. Internet access. Minimum system RAM: 48MB (98SE/ME), 64MB (2000 Pro), 128MB (XP).

Windows 98se/ME Limited support
All ZoneAlarm family products currently run on the Windows 98 se/ME operating system. However, there are a few new and advanced protection features in ZoneAlarm products that do not run on this operating system due to technical limitations of this operating system. Furthermore, Microsoft has stopped automatic/proactive updates of this operating system and plans to end support entirely in early 2006. Zone Labs strongly recommends upgrading to a more current and supported version of Windows operating system.

firewalls don't work well on 98 for some reason. sygate says it supports win 98 though: http://smb.sygate.co...pf_standard.htm

itsjustme99

itsjustme99

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
thanx heaps for your advise... ill check out sygate

itsjustme99

itsjustme99

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
thanx for your help...ive successfuly downloaded zone alarm pro...no problems so far