Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mp3

• Please log in to reply

Lavishme

Lavishme

• Pip
  • 1 posts
for some reason all my sound is working except my mp3 files. Everytime I want to run it on a program its says 'MMSYSTEM281 This file could not be played. Check File name or install a driver that supports this type of file.' Thats weird arent all computers suppose to play mp3 files? Do I need to download a new Driver? Please if want, answer this asap

Advertisements

SJSCHOO

SJSCHOO

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
whats your system specs? if u dont know, whats your computer make and model i.e. Dell 5590, HP x78, Compaq 220, etc...

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi Lavishme...Welcome to G2G!

What player are you using? In Win98, sometimes MP3 file associations had to be enabled in the player.

Please download System Spec...run it, and post (or attach) a log to this thread. This will give us your system specifications.

wannabe1

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Lavishme,

Check out this link from Microsoft's site. It details exactly what you need to do, which in this case is download the lastest version of Windows Media Player.

Fenor