Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

my windows can't load at start up

• Please log in to reply

cturnerlewis

cturnerlewis

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
I have a Fujitsu lifebook T3010D and it has been working without problems until today. I closed my programs and entered hibernation mode due to my battery getting low. After changing batteries, I get an error window apologizing for being unable to load Windows and it asks to choose from options such as safe mode, last known good configuration or load windows normally. None of these will work I get the Windows logo, followed by a blue screen saying that it did not load windows and then returns me to the Windows logo whereby I am supposed to choose ESC, F2 for BIOS, of F12 for Boot Up. What do I do?

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Hello cturnerlewis
Can you give please post the STOP code form the blue screen of death it will help working out what you problem is. We will then work out what to do form there.

cturnerlewis

cturnerlewis

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
yes the code is 0x000000ed. All that happened after I shut down and then changed batteries.

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Thank you!
The problem is the computer can't mount your boot partition (you probably only have one partition on you hard drive). I have had the same thing for no reason at all. Do you have a XP CD? If so can you boot form it and when asked what you what to do look for recovery console (it says press R to enter it most of the time) and press what key it says is need to enter it. There should be then the option of entering the command prompt this is what I need you to do. Then type chkdsk /x /f please note that there are two spaces in that. This will take a minute for every gigabyte you have. It should repair any errors that are causing this.

warning do not ever agree to formatting your computer if it dose ask are you sure you what to format exit and start again

Edited by Michael Buckley, 04 October 2005 - 10:51 PM.