Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WIN.INI and Essspk.exe ERROR

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

itsjustme99

itsjustme99

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
When I turn on my computer... i get these 2 pop up errors:

Cannot find the file 'essspk.exe' (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all required libraries are availiable

AND

Could not load or run 'essspk.exe' specified in the WIN.INI file. Make sure the file exsists on your computer or remove the reference to it in the WIN.INI file.

i might have deleted something to do with essspk but im not sure

also one more thing

i get a dial-up connection window that pops up about 20 times before norton runs... i have to click close fast over and over untill it goes away...then when opening certain programs I get another dial-up connection window, and the computer just stops responding....Ctrl-Alt-Del doesnt even show up at that stage...i have to press the reset button on my computer manually.

I dont know what is causing these problems....or how to fix them

Do you know?

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Closed: Duplicate Thread

Murray