Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Password protection software for Floppy or USB

• Please log in to reply

Stryker06

Stryker06

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
I sometimes leave my floppy drive by accident :tazz: in the floppy drive at school. Usually when I realise I forgot it and go back to get it it's still there untouched and all. But somebody could still have accessed what was on the floppy. I was wondering if there is a program at there that is able to password protect access to both a floppy drive and a usb flash drive. I use those usually too, but I've lost my latest one :) and tend to get a new one soon. Losing/forgetting is my own [bleep] fault each time, but it would at least comfort me a bit if people were unable to access what's on these mediums.
Thanks

Advertisements

gilazilla

gilazilla

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
Lol..what are the stuff that u are storing that is so secretive.Anyway, one program that cannot password protect ur data is Folder Lock which could lock any folder. I think i could also lock temporary memory.

Stryker06

Stryker06

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
Okay, I didn't find this very helpful. Should I be using folder lock or not?
It's not necessarily secretive stuff, but I sometimes keep a copy of my CV on it and of course that has a lot of personal info on it - home add, phone no. d.o.b, not to mention full name etc
That's why in case I forget it I will be sorry, but also safe as it's not possible/not easy for people who find it to snoop around.

Niyol

Niyol

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
Hiya
I think you would be best using Truecrypt, it's free, encrypts your data and you can add a passphrase.
The links below.
http://www.truecrypt.org/

Hope thats what your looking for and is of some use to you. :)

o0o

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts

sometimes leave my floppy drive by accident

really? floppy drive... I am old and, I don't use a floppy?

Niyol

Niyol

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
I still have a floppy drive too :lol: its used in my little home studio, where I make the worst music you have ever herd that's gets recorded onto a tape lol

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
Worry not o0o, I don't think the comment by the moderator took into account the age of this thread. :rolleyes:

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
yeah when I saw the last post, I never looked at the other dates.... :bashhead: