Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wired Network - PCI Card Not Recognized!?

• Please log in to reply

Tiga-P

Tiga-P

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i installed the PCI Card (Belkin F5D5000), once XP starts it recognizes the card and installs the drivers automatically, however After that i goto device manager to check that it is properly installed and it is not there. I have tried different PCI Slots and drivers...Any1 got any Ideas??? :) ..Appreciate any Help :tazz:

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Wireless cards are classed in XP as being network adaptors, therefore expand that in Device Manager.

Otherwise have you run the CD it came with?

XP's quite good at installing something and then deciding it either doesn't want to know or denying all knowledge halfway through, hence running the CD.

Tiga-P

Tiga-P

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Sorry guess i havent given enough info... The PCI Card is a wired network adapter. i have installed all the drivers etc. when starting the PC the card is recognized in the bios, but it is not to be found in XP (device manager, network connections)

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
I installed one on a win98se machine and it picked it up automatically and it worked fine. But you can go to the Belkin website and download an executable file that should be able to install the drivers for you. I haven't used it so I can't tell you how it works, but I know its there because I DLed not knowing I didn't need it.