Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Copying Outlook E-mail

• Please log in to reply

atvguy

atvguy

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:tazz: I have to copy my e-mails and journal entries from outllok into a third party company specific application. I have not found a way to copy (Ctrl C) the entire (header - i.e. to, from, subject, date) AND the text of the e-mail or journal entry so that I may then past them into the other app. What I have been doing is scanning the e-mail or journal entry, then OCR, then cut andpaste....but this is a time consuming method.......is there another way of doing this? Thanks!!!

Advertisements

NetDemon

NetDemon

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Does your third party application have an import button?

If so, Outlook saves emails as a .dbx file. They will have be stored by foldername.dbx in XP they you may find them in Documents and Settings/local settings/application data/indentities/etc otherwise search for *.dbx

Once found make a copy of the file and try importing this file into your third party software.

Addresses can be exported and imported as a text file/csv.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Try using the IMPORT/EXPORT feature and choose I believe CSV (Comma Seperated Values) and just export the fields you need. I don't use Outlook, think it's too bloated for my tastes, but I belive you can export the email messages this way, but not totally certain. Something for you to look into and try anyways. :tazz:

Fenor