Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Explorer 6 [resolved]

• Please log in to reply

Jabber

Jabber

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
How do I uninstall ie6? I tried in Add Remove but it's just letting me reinstall...

Thank you...

Advertisements

MikeJ

MikeJ

• Pip
  • 3 posts
You can not. I know (in XP) it's listed as an uninstallable component, but it will not let you. There's no way to get it off of your computer. And if you were somehow successful in it, a lot of your programs would have severly limited functionality because they depend on several of IE's components to work properly.

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Jabber:

Why do you want to uninstall it?

Jabber

Jabber

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Sorry I took so long to answer back but I had a MAJOR blow out on my machine. I just finnished reformating my hard drive because I some how lost most of my sys files and could'nt do anything, don't know what happend just rebooted and bam they were gone. Think I got everything up and runnin now!!!
As for why I wanted to get rid of IE6 well it was a spur of the moment thing but since then I have changed my mind, I read in one of your forums you need it for windows update anyway.
Thank you very much for your responce though I really appreciate your help, i'm sure I will have more problems in the future that I will need help with and I am sure glad you guys & gals are here to help... :tazz: