Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop to CD [resolved]

• Please log in to reply

thelostguru

thelostguru

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
Alright... I went over to my grandma's house today to help her with her computer. She only has 370MB of space left on her harddrive, and I was trying to clean some of it up for her. The problem is that most of the stuff that is taking up space is pictures. She doesn't want me to delete the pictures and I suggested just putting them on a disk. She doesn't have a CD Writer though. Does anyone know of a way or have any ideas on how I can transfer the pictures off of her computer onto a disk, or something, but she will still be able to view them. My only thoughts were to just email the pictures to my house and then I would burn them onto a disk and give it to her. She has like 500 pictures though, so that would take forever. Any Ideas?

.:TheLostGuru:.

Advertisements

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
You can e-mail them to yourself like you suggested or can you save them onto a floppy? I know that's a lot of work and it would take a lot of floppies.

Have you removed programs that she doesn't need?

thelostguru

thelostguru

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
Yeah... as much as I could tell. She's only got 4GB so she doesn't have a lot to start with. I will probably just end up emailing them to my computer. Thanks though

DeviousTrap

DeviousTrap

systems administrator

• Community Leader
  • 5,649 posts

Yeah... as much as I could tell.  She's only got 4GB so she doesn't have a lot to start with.  I will probably just end up emailing them to my computer.  Thanks though

View Post

In that case I would just install a second hard drive, or at least upgrade her main computer. Since this is the 2000/XP forum I would assume that she is running one of those OSes and they can easily eat up a 4gb hard drive with a minimal amount of software installed.