Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

trojan.desktophighjack

• Please log in to reply

grandmaL

grandmaL

• Pip
  • 1 posts
im my grandmas grandson and im very computer literate i just need some help getting rid of wat this trojan left over. i physically found all the files and manualy deleted them in safe mode no trace of virus internets workin fine again no icons its all good but i cant use task manager and when i go int display properties i cant change the desktop. i cant choose a different wall paper of hit apply or anything. the wall paper thats stuck is a blue screen with a black box that says your cmoputer is infected and other bullsh*t like that can u give me a hand??? Hel a fellow geek out

Advertisements

Perculator

Perculator

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
Please download the latest version of HijackThis. Click here to download the latest version (1.99.1). Please save it in a permanent folder (such as C:\HJT). This is to ensure that backups are saved and accessible in the event you should need it. Follow the instructions below if you are unsure how to save it in a permanent folder:
1.) Click on the link to download HiJackThis.exe.
2.) When it pulls up the box (for you to pick a location to save the file), click on the pulldown menu and select "[C:]".
3.) Click on the button to "create new folder" and name the folder HiJackThis
4.) Double click on the folder you just made (to go into the folder) and click "save" on the bottom of the box.
Then start Hijackthis by clicking on the icon in the hijackThis folder and press

do a systemscan and save a logfile

copy the contents of that logfile into this topic by using the add reply button,
and i will help you get rid of this infection.