Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Network Printer Query

• Please log in to reply

girishsudhakaran

girishsudhakaran

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello,

I have a printer installed on my machine which runs on Windows 2003 Server, which is shared, so that other users can use it as a network printer.

Of late, I have noted that a number of prints are given to my printer.

We have a domain controller and all the users are registered in Active Directory.

Is there any way to know how many prints are given from which user.

Each user has been assigned a Desktop with the same hostname as that of the user's in Active Directory.

for example, user "jsmith" uses a machine with hostname "jsmith".

Can anyone help me out with this?

Regards,

Girish.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
If I am reading you correctly, yes, you can setup auditing...

Right click the printer, select properties, select security, select the advanced button and then the AUDITING tab...click add, add EVERYONE, then click OK

To see who is printing, click the box under SUCCESSFUL for printing.

Now, you can view all successful prints in the EVENT VIEWER under SECURITY...each event will include the user/machine that succesfully printed