Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hijacked by Freeprod - Help

• Please log in to reply

jayfourj

jayfourj

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
:tazz:

This freeprod toolbar has downloaded itself on my browser and I can not get rid of it. My granddaughter was here and she signed onto AIM and all these messages kept popping up from people she didn't know and then this box popped up and said it was downloading something....she tried to click no, but it wouldn't stop The thing was going crazy. I have tried spysweeper and I have Etrust EZ anti-virus installed. I have run a scan using both, but this toolbar didn't show up, I keep getting this alert from Spysweeper about something called "Service System75", I have no idea what this is. Everytime I try to run hijack this, Ad-aware, Panda scan,etc.)nothing happens or else my computer freezes up. There is also a box that keeps popping up saying it is an advertisement from Microsoft. I have my popup blocker on. I am also having an extremely hard time just getting my homepage to come up.

I have windows XP version-6 Sp2.

Can anyone help me? This is driving me crazy.

Thanks,

Jayfourj

Edited by jayfourj, 07 October 2005 - 02:06 PM.

Advertisements

didom

didom

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts
Create a directory on your hardrive to save HijackThis.exe. A directory like c:\hijackthis. If you do not do this, you will not be able to use the backup/restore features.

Download HijackThis from:

HijackThis Download Site

Save this file into the directory you made previously and then run the program named hijackthis.exe. When the program opens click on the Config button, then click on the Misc Tools button, and click on the Check for update online button. When it completes checking/applying updates press the back button.

Now click on the Scan button and when it is finished click on the Save Log button. A Notepad window will open with the contents of this log. Click on Edit then click on Select all. Then click on Edit and then Click on Copy.

Create a reply to this post here and right click in message area and select paste to paste the log into the post.

Someone will reply to you after reading this post. DO NOT fix any entries unless you understand what you are doing.

Bleeping Computer offers a tutorial with screenshots on using HijackThis you can click on the link below:

How to use HijackThis to remove Browser Hijackers, Malware, & Spyware

jayfourj

jayfourj

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hi, Thanks

I tried to download the Hijack this, but when I can't get it to run, there is just a box in the folder. Can I run this in safe mode? I have tried numerous times to run this log, but can't get it to open.

Thanks again,

didom

didom

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts
what do you mean by a 'box' in the folder?

jayfourj

jayfourj

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
When I save the file and I try to extract the files, all that happens is that there what looks like (for lack of a better discription) a stick of dynomite and the detonator. It says Hijackthis, but does not say Hijackthis.exe. When I click on it nothing happens. I can't get the file to open at all. I have tried everything I have to check for this thing, but nothing will open up or run. I have tried to delete the toolbar from the Add/Remove program, but nothing happens. I can't run any type of spyware removal, or anti-virus. It would start but then it just shut down. Now I can't even get the them to to come up. Also if I right click on any of the files it says that the files are locked. I have tried clicking to unlock but still nothing happens.

Is there any hope?

Thanks

Edited by jayfourj, 07 October 2005 - 04:10 PM.

didom

didom

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts
Please download this:
http://www.bleepingc...n/ibprocman.zip

Unzip the file.

Then run it. And copy the entire contest of the log into this threat!

Edited by didom, 08 October 2005 - 03:43 AM.

jayfourj

jayfourj

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
I tried to download that but I can't get the file to unzip When I click to extract all files. it looks like it is unzipping but it doesn't. I can't run any programs and I can't even open up anything on my desktop. This page is the only thing that will open up.

didom

didom

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts
Please download the executable file from here:

http://didom.geeksto...m/IBProcMan.exe

Then try to run it!