Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Taskbar help

• Please log in to reply

sportskd2

sportskd2

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
i have an xp computer and on my taskbar there is not any of the icons by the clock which are called the task manager......i have struggled to find a way to the task manager to be put on the taskbar :tazz: :mad: so i have tried right-clicking and gone to toolbars n try to find task manager but it is no where to be found in my taskbar n start menu properties, the notification area has "show the clock" in regular font but hide inactive icons are grey n i cannot click anything such as customize.......many of my friends have helped me but i cannot get it on my taskbar i would gladly like to know

thank u for ur help in advance

Advertisements

mikez

mikez

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hello,
In XP if you right click the taskbar Task Manager should be on the Menu.The only time Task Manager is on the Taskbar is when it is active. In other words you would have to leave the program running 24/7. That is not advisable because the program itself uses some memory. Another way to quickly access Task Manager would be to go into windows and find Taskmanager.exe and create a shortcut for it and then drag it to your desktop.If you really want it on the taskbar you can right click the taskbar then go to toolbars and click Desktop. This will put All your desktop shortcuts on the toolbar. I hope this helps.
mikez

p.s. I am not an expert

mikez

mikez

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi,
Just realized another fix. If you right click the taskbar and and go to toolbars and click Quick Launch you can drag the Taskmanager shortcut to the left side of your taskbar.
mikez

sportskd2

sportskd2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
thanks for ur help but i realize on my other account the task manager shows up in the taskbar(icons right next to the time) so is there a way to switch to my account

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
When the computer boots up, aren't you given an option of signing onto your accounts? When you first got the computer and set it up, you were run through a wizard to set up your various accounts. I guess I'm a little confused.

If you go to control panel, you can click on user accounts and sign on there or change them up.

Also, in control panel, you can click on scheduled task to get to task manager. You should be able to set it in your taskbar and set up a schedule for it to run.

Spank_Me

Spank_Me

• PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
Hold down the Ctrl + Shift + Esc and task manager will automatically popup......keyboard shortcuts... :tazz:

BlackSea

BlackSea

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
or do it trough logon window pressing (ctrl+alt+delete) and with choosing TaskManager :tazz:

take care have smiley days [:-)]