Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

netddesrv.exe W32 Toxbot

• Please log in to reply

GedK

GedK

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I seem to have a virus in the system32 folder ( W32 Toxbot ) that can't bee deleted by Norton antivirus or ewido security. ewido tries to fix it but it's still there. I've tried to delete it after starting in safe mode but can't see it. This netddserv.exe can be seen in task manager prcesses also.

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Hello and Welcome to Geeks To Go GedK

Please read This and then post in the Malware Forum not here. They will remove every bit of malware you have.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
You can try and download KillBox from here. Unzip the file to a folder called Killbox, then run the killbox.exe. Once open, type in the name of the file in the FULL PATH OF FILE TO DELETE box. Make sure DELETE ON REBOOT is selected and END EXPLORER SHELL WHILE KILLING FILE is checked. then click the red button with a white X in it. When asked to reboot, click YES. If this doesn't work then do what Michael Buckley suggested.

Fenor

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
I would not do that, Fenor. We what all the virus there when we send the person the the malware forum that way they can do the whole job of cleaning the person up, the more stuff in the log the easyer to work out what he has. Members are not alowed to tell people hot to get rid of Virus, you have to have passed GeekU which you have not done.

GedK please follow what I asked you to do.

GedK

GedK

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks both of you. Appologies for posting in the wrong place i'll repost this.

Cheers
Ged