Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help with Hijack this log

• Please log in to reply

Armodeluxe

Armodeluxe

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,744 posts
Go ahead and delete the file. Without the file the run key will be just an orphaned entry. If realplayer gets updated you can always uninstall it and the install the new version..here's the path to the file to delete:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe

My next suggestion you might not like, but you have the biggest resource hog on your computer as Norton Internet Security..I would go for uninstalling it and use a free antivirus and firewall instead..my suggestion for antivirus would be AVG and for firewall one of the below:

AVG
Kerio
Zonealarm
Sygate

Advertisements

saigontiger

saigontiger

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Thanks-I hate Norton. How do I uninstall it? I see my trial is over and it is not loaded. help me get rid of it.
Thanks....

Armodeluxe

Armodeluxe

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,744 posts
In that case our feelings are mutual :tazz:

See the instructions on this page:

http://service1.syma...=&osv=&osv_lvl=

Even if the uninstall was looking successful, run that removal tool just in case..when done, proceed with the following..

View Hidden Files and Folders
Go to My Computer >Tools >Folder Options >View tab and make sure that Show hidden files and folders is enabled. Also make sure that the System Files and Folders are showing / visible. Uncheck the Hide protected operating system files option.

File/Folder Deletions
ok go to these folders and delete anything saying Symantec or Norton
C;\Documents and settings\<<go through each username>>\application Data\ <-- anything saying Symantec or Norton
C;\Program Files\ <-- anything saying Symantec or Norton
C:\Program Files\common files\ <-- anything saying Symantec or Norton

Then install AVG and the firewall of your choice. When done, post me a new HijackThis log and let's see if we need to clean any leftover services from Norton..