Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Toshiba PCDiagnostic Tool

• Please log in to reply

richsfolly

richsfolly

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I ran EZCleaner on my Toshiba A85 S107. It corrupted Help and Control, Troubleshooters, and Toshiba's proprietary PCDiagnostic Tool. I have "undone" the registry cleaner and have all things working properly except PCDiagnostic Tool.

I have removed the program and re-installed it using the "recovery" CD that came with the computer.

I found the same program title from Toshiba Canada website, and tried to install it, with the same results. It (PCDiagnostic tool) does not open.

I have tried running PCDiag.exe directly and from within "Assist" (Toshiba Assist Utility). An "hour glass" appears for about a second, but nothing occurs. I don't see anything in the event viewers either.

Has anyone had similar problems?

Thanks in advance, Rich

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
You're probably missing a registry entry for a .dll file used by the application. You might try googling for some input since it's likely others have had the same problem.

richsfolly

richsfolly

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
THANKS - Rich