Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Make Firefox Faster

• Please log in to reply

cleverboy12

cleverboy12

• PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
Hi there,

Is it possible to speed up the speed in which firefox browses ?

Thanks

Advertisements

Thef0rce

Thef0rce

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
on dsl, yes. you need to edit chrome config

http://www.freerepub...s/1299854/posts

cleverboy12

cleverboy12

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
Thanks For the info

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Please be aware that this tag can be considered in some cases depending on where you visit to be extrememly anti-social, overloading servers, etc.. Especially if you set the figure to some obscene high value.

Chris IOW

Chris IOW

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Thanks for the info. I have just installed Firefox so am gonna have a play :tazz:

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

on dsl, yes. you need to edit chrome config

http://www.freerepub...s/1299854/posts

View Post

I'm gonna broaden that and say that it works for broadband (so cable included) :tazz:

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
I am getting this software called Internet Cyclone!

http://www.tweakxp.c...ticle37621.aspx

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts
I personally don't really trust most kinds of 3rd party web accelerator. The only one that I use is Google's and I still don't see any difference.

Thef0rce

Thef0rce

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

I'm gonna broaden that and say that it works for broadband (so cable included)  :)

View Post

yes.. I meant broadband. just generalize it sometimes :tazz:

and web accelerators are commonly full of spyware, as are download accelerators.

Edited by Thef0rce, 09 October 2005 - 02:45 PM.

MR0624

MR0624

• PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

I personally don't really trust most kinds of 3rd party web accelerator. The only one that I use is Google's and I still don't see any difference.

View Post

I have google's web accel. on another computer of mine, and it is extremely slow. I'm just warning you...it's difficult to uninstall (or it is for me, since there is no uninstall link, and even removing it from the registry hasn't seemed to work). Anyway, that little piplining trick is great. I did that a few months ago but i screwed up so it didn't make a big difference. I just did it the right way now, and it's great...

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts
not really, it's ok just to have around. It says that I already saved several hours. And I uninstalled and reinstalled it many times so it works for me.

MR0624

MR0624

• PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
It claims it "saved" me hours. However, this seems totally inaccurate, as when it is disabled, everything is much faster.